Monday, November 14, 2005

Tom and Turkey

Yesterday I went shopping for a new fedora at a lovely and extremely over priced store called the Old Vogue in SF's North Beach neighborhood. While I tried on some lovely leopard print short coats (one had a matching headband!) I eavesdropped on The Shopgirl and her chatty friend in a windbreaker. I think he might have been visiting from 1992, or maybe he was just visiting from Chicago.

Any who, Shopgirl went on to spill the beans about Tom Waits, an Old Vogue regular. She described him as a shy person, quite the opposite of what she expected. He bought a cape and a fedora for his wifey the last time he was in. Mr. 1992 seemed very impressed. My thought was, Mr. Waits has to shop somewhere...we don't want him running around naked...or do we? I asked myself this question as a stared at myself in the dressing room mirror. I know a rabbit fur cape with sixties ribbon stitching in orange, pink and tourquoise my not flatter every body, but it made my pectoral muscles look quite lovely. I'm sure, as a cape lover, Mr. Waits would approve.

I purchased my $10,000 cape, put it on over my polo and dockers ensemble and went on to the neighborhood market to reserve my organic, anti-biotic free, free range turkey for Thanksgiving. I grabbed a rack of lamb and a few small coneys for the festvities as well. One turkey may not be enough for 3 people. Gavin N. claims he really will show up, although I'm not sure. He flaked on me last year...it's best to be prepared. I'm a good Boy Scout and I wouldn't want to dissappoint Gavin. Damn that man can eat some meat.

love and poultry,

bruce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home